- Nanotechnology Home
- Deposition of atomic clusters
- Structure of atomic clusters
- Deposition of antimony and bismuth onto HOPG
- Molecular dynamics simulations of cluster structure
- Image Gallery
Ultra high vacuum deposition of atomic clusters
Until July 2003 we have performed all cluster deposition work in a modified high vacuum apparatus originally design for study of the Structure of atomic clusters.
We have now commisioned a new ultra high vacuum (UHV) cluster deposition system with the following features
- base pressures ~10-10 torr
- cluster size selection
- cryogenic deposition
- in-situ electrical measurements
Photograph of the new UHV system underconstruction. During the construction phase the deposition chamber has been used for Deposition of Sb4 and Bi2 onto HOPG.
Other relevant pages: