Professor Simon Brown
Professor of Physics
Department's "Innovation Champion"
608, Physics and Astronomy
Phone: +64 3 364-2507
Internal Phone: 6507
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Canterbury,
Private Bag 4800,
- PhD scholarship in Physics - Scanning Tunneling Microscopy Studies of Topological Nanostructures closes 2 May 2016
Simon was an undergraduate at Victoria University of Wellington and has a Ph.D. from Cambridge in the U.K. He spent 6 years as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of NSW in Sydney, and a year at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver before moving to Canterbury in 1998. His research interests have evolved from magnetism to semiconductor devices to atomic clusters.
Simon has been heavily involved in The MacDiarmid Institute where he served as the Deputy Director for Commercialisation and Industry Engagement for three years. He continues to be a Principal Investigator.
- PHYS101 Semester One - Engineering Physics A: Mechanics, Waves and Thermal Physics
- PHYS412 - Advanced Condensed Matter Physics
Nanotechnology - detailed information on research projects
- ERAU Liaison
- Vacuum Systems
- International Liaison
Recent Research Students
- Domagoj Belic - completed
- David MacKenzie - completed
- Ojas Mahapatra - completed
- Abdul Sattar - completed
- Alex Smith-completed