The following special events are planned for all participants:
- Welcoming reception. 6 pm on Sunday June 10 at the Godley Hotel, Lake Tekapo
- Visit to Mt John University Observatory. Evening of Monday June 11. (There should also be opportunities for day-time visits to the observatory at times to be announced).
- Conference buffet dinner. 7.00 pm on Tuesday June 12.
There will be two events at the Starlight Conference open to the public.
- 4 pm Tuesday 12 June at the Godley Hotel. A screening of the much acclaimed documentary ‘The City Dark’ by Ian Cheney, Wicked Delicate Films, New York.
- 4 pm Wednesday June 13 at the Godley Hotel. A Public Forum at which a panel of six international experts will answer questions from the public on Dark-Sky Reserves.