- Prof Clive Ruggles - University of Leicester, UK. Member of the ICOMOS-IAU Working Group "Starlight Reserves and World Heritage".
- Cipriano Marin - Coordinator of the Starlight Initiative, Vice-President of the UNESCO Centre of the Canary Islands, Member of the SC of the Urban Futures Programme (UNESCO-MAB), Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands.
- Prof Alec Boksenberg - CBE, FRS, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK. Formerly Chair of UK National Commission for UNESCO and former Director Royal Greenwich Observatory and Royal Observatory Edinburgh.
- Reg Wilson, Lighting Analysis & Design, Independent Lighting Consultants Asia-Pacific region representative for the International Darksky Association (IDA)
- Steve Owens - Head of IDA Dark Sky Places Development Committee, Dark Skies Consultant, former UK co-ordinator IYA2009.
- Steve Muir, Lighting Engineer, Connetics Ltd., Christchurch
- Professor Sergei Gulyaev, Professor of Astronomy and Director of the Institute for Radio Astronomy and Space Research (IRSR), Auckland University of Technology.
- Steve Butler, Chair of Dark Skies Group, Royal Astronomical Society of New Zealand.
- Professor Michel Cotte, emeritus professor of the History of Technology at the University of Nantes, France, Centre François Viète for the History of Science and Technology; ICOMOS advisor for the implementation of the World Heritage Convention.
- John Drummond, renowned amateur astronomer and astrophotographer at the Possum Observatory, Gisborne, New Zealand.
Ken McAnergney, expert on lower South Island Maori history, culture and astro-navigation, Waitaha iwi.
- Fraser Gunn is an astrophotographer who lives in Tekapo and is well known for his amazing images of the Mackenzie night sky and his beautiful night sky animations, which he will present at the Starlight Conference. He is also an accomplished photographer of wildlife. Fraser currently works as an astrophotograhy guide for Earth and Sky Ltd and as an observer at Mt John University Observatory.
- Graeme Murray: Managing Director of Earth and Sky Ltd and one of the pioneers in developing astro-tourism in the Tekapo region.
- David Welch: Chair of the IUCN, Dark Skies Advisory group, Ottawa, Canada.